Featured

Chumbak Part 2 Review: More Chaos, More Fun and One Last Day in Chumbak Colony

Chumbak Part 2 official poster from Netflix
Image Source: Netflix

After watching the first eight episodes of Chumbak, I already knew Chumbak Colony was full of strange people and even stranger situations. But watching the remaining eight episodes, I realised the show wasn't done adding to the chaos. If anything, things become even more unpredictable, with friendships falling apart, families dealing with their own unusual problems, and everyone somehow getting involved in everyone else's business.

And I was actually having fun with it.

What I liked about Chumbak Part 2 is that it doesn't try to change what the show is. It continues with the same quirky characters and situations that made the first half enjoyable for me, but there is a little more emotion underneath all the madness.

Neena Gupta's Rajni and Deven Bhojani's Kuku stay at the centre of the colony, while Arjun Bijlani's Micky keeps creating more problems with his lies. His actions eventually affect the friendships around him, and watching the friends break apart was one of those moments where I actually felt bad for them. These people can be ridiculous, but by this point I had become invested in their friendships.

Thankfully, things don't stay broken forever.

There is also Rajni's track with Rohit Roy's Ronit, which I honestly didn't see coming. Watching Rajni flirt with him adds another layer of fun to her character, especially because Neena Gupta plays Rajni with such ease that even her more unexpected moments don't feel completely out of place.

Then there is the whole idea of a son wanting to “divorce” his parent. Sumeet Vyas and Manasi Parekh bring their own energy to the Khanna family, and this storyline is exactly the kind of absurd situation that Chumbak seems to enjoy creating.

Some of it is definitely exaggerated, and there were moments when I thought the show was trying to fit too many things into the same stretch of episodes. But I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would. By now, I had accepted that Chumbak isn't really asking me to question how realistic these situations are. It wants me to see where these characters go next.

And then comes the biggest problem of all: Chumbak Colony is going to be demolished, and there is only one day left.

I liked this part because it gave the final episodes a slightly different feeling. After spending so much time watching these people fight, lie, make up, and create one problem after another, suddenly the place that brought them all together is under threat. It makes you realise that the colony itself has become an important part of the story.

For me, that is also why the friendships worked better in the second half. Even when these people drive each other crazy, there is a sense that they genuinely belong together. They fight, they mess things up, and they eventually find their way back to one another.

That was probably my favourite part of watching these episodes.

I also enjoyed seeing the other characters continue to add their own flavour to the colony. Sumeet Raghavan's Dharmendra, Sandeepa Dhar's Kiran and Amyra Dastur's Hutoxi all have their own little worlds going on, and that ensemble quality is what makes Chumbak feel so lively.

By the end, though, I was left with one question: are we actually done with Chumbak Colony?

The ending certainly doesn't make it feel that way. Amaya is seen reciting from the book Fest has written, and now there is a sequel. To me, that feels like a pretty clear little hint that the story could continue.

And honestly, I wouldn't mind that.

I went into the second half expecting more of the same quirky comedy, and that is pretty much what I got. But I also found myself caring more about these characters than I expected. Not every storyline worked equally well for me, and some situations could definitely have been tighter, but overall, Chumbak remained a fun and relaxing watch.

There are days when you just want to watch something that makes you laugh, irritates you a little, and lets you forget about everything else for a while. And then there are days when you're feeling low and simply want something easy and entertaining to unwind with. Chumbak can actually be that kind of watch. It may not be perfect, but its quirky characters, ridiculous situations, and constant chaos make it a fun way to switch off for a while.

So yes, I would recommend Chumbak, especially if you enjoy quirky characters, situational comedy, and stories where one small problem can somehow turn into complete chaos.

After 16 episodes, I'm still curious about what could happen next in Chumbak Colony. And if that little sequel tease really is pointing towards another season, I'm definitely up for another round of this chaos.

If you're in the mood to switch from all this Chumbak chaos to something a little more romantic, you can also read my review of The Love Hypothesis. After all the madness, a little romance and swooning might be just the change of mood you need. ❤️

💌 Enjoyed the post
👉 Don’t miss out—hit Follow or Subscribe to stay updated with weekly movie reviews and watchlists!

Comments

Popular Posts